24-Hour Hotline: (305) 774-3616
Spectrum Programs | Miami Behavioral Health Center (MBHC)
Greetings. If you were just attempting to visit the mbhc.org website, you’re on the correct site. Miami Behavioral Health Center and Spectrum Programs are Founders of Banyan Health Systems, and all of our services and service centers are listed on this Banyan website.
Spectrum Programs is a long-term and highly regarded provider of effective substance abuse treatment services in South Florida and Miami Behavioral Health Center a long-term and highly regarded provider of effective mental health services. These cornerstone institutions of Miami-Dade County’s behavioral health care system came together in 2003 in a new administrative and treatment partnership, Banyan Health Systems, and are working actively on the front-lines of behavioral health science to create an integrated behavioral health continuum that leverages their individual histories and treatment strengths, human and financial resources, institutional capacities, and governance systems. Since the partnership formed, quantifiable gains have been made in the treatment of co-occurring disorders among the majority of clients of both institutions who suffer from co-occurrence.
The SPI / MHBC partnership operates mental health and substance abuse treatment services in multiple locations in South Florida, primarily in Miami-Dade County, with a highly trained professional staff that includes physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, pharmacists, clinical social workers, certified addiction professionals, mental health counselors, teachers, and others dedicated to serving human needs. Founded in June of 1970, Spectrum Programs is licensed by the Florida Department of Children and Families and accredited by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission at the highest level. SPI is the oldest and largest nonprofit substance abuse treatment agency in South Florida. Miami Behavioral Health Center is a Comprehensive Community Mental Health Center (CCMHC) founding in 1977.
When SPI and MBHC merged as operating companies of Banyan Health Systems, it was to build an integrated continuum of services that pooled their resources, strengths, knowledge, and expertise in mental health and substance abuse to forge a more efficient and effective behavioral health treatment system. The purpose of the merger was to improve the effectiveness of community behavioral health interventions and educational programs, combining integration, direct service delivery, and emergent treatment modalities in order to increase the impact and sustainability of behavioral health gains. Our overarching goal is to alleviate the human suffering, poor health, premature death, and crippling societal costs associated with behavioral health disorders, focusing on children, adolescents, adults, and elders in Miami-Dade County’s minority and underserved populations.
Our major programs and services include —
- Adolescent & Child Outpatient Mental Health Services
- Adolescent Residential Substance Abuse Treatment
- Adult Residential Substance Abuse Treatment
- Casa Nueva Vida, Spanish Language Residential Treatment Program
- Child & Family Counseling and Case Management Services
- 24 Hour Crisis Services, Including Mobile Crisis Intervention Teams
- Medically Assisted Detox Services
- Elder Counseling, Case Management, Day Care, and Respite Program
- Juvenile Addiction Receiving Facility
- Outpatient Mental Health Services
- Outpatient Psychiatric Services
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Services
- Phoenix Manor Independent Living Residence forLow Income People with Mental Health Disorders
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Residential Re-entry Program
- Respite Services for Families and Caregivers People withMental Health Disorders, Including Seniors and those with Alzheimer´s
- School & Community-Based Mental Health Counseling & Case Management Services
- Villa Esperanza Center for impoverished Adults with Persistent Mental Health Disorders
- PorTuSalud Primary Care Health Clinic & Health Home